Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year, New beginnings......


No inspirational quotes or resolutions this year just simply as it says above, 2014 IS going to be better, for my daughter and for ME! 

 Every new years I have done what millions of other people do and made resolutions to eat better, lose weight, save money etc etc the list is endless. But for me, this year NO. No more resolutions that ultimately get broken or forgotten about. No more putting unneeded pressure on myself to do this or that, as It never works and ends up making things worse. So this year is just GOING TO BE BETTER Nice and simple.

These last few months as I have embarked on this new ride I have achieved alot and am proud of the progress I have made. Sure I have had not so good days and at times binged on this and that, but I never let myself get down about it. I picked myself up accepted what had happened for what it simply was and moved on. As early as September or early October this year it was a completely different story, and the results would have had a much differing outcome. I did not do this alone, as any of you who follow my ramblings on here know I have a close support network that I know have helped me and will continue to moving forward.

2014 for me is about continuing the good work I have put in and moving forward with new ideas and more information. I know I will have bad days, as I am only human after all, but I am not going to let those days ruin all the other great days ahead for me. I have my 1st ever event coming up on the 26th of this month, The Color Run its a 5 km circuit of the Pukekohe Raceway and I am both nervous of how I'll go and also very excited all in the same. I will meet one or two of my MFP friends for the 1st time and It will be great to finally meet in person. 
Something like this was never in my thoughts or to be honest never in any brainwave at all this time last year, but here I am heading towards it with no regrets. 

This time last year I weighed myself and 146 kg was the weight those scales showed, today I am now 119 kg!!! For the 1st time in years I am below the 120 mark, and since rejoining MFP in mid October I have lost 14 kg, I am slowly running more and more, having just increased my wog route to 5 km so I can gauge progress. I still can not run longer than maybe 400 m non stop, and at times I get bothered by it, but I remind myself that a year ago i was struggling to walk 2 km non stop at decent pace and now look at where I am. 

  I am also ready to move forward with the rest of my life, I feel like its bloody time I started getting out a bit more socially and maybe just maybe somewhere, sometime I will once more have a chance to experience the joys of being no longer single? Who knows but I do feel that after 4.5 yrs I am ready to at last allow myself to let someone else into my life if that makes sense ha ha. Its a big step even admitting it to myself, but I am once again starting to love myself and I told myself that I would never allow myself to again give my love if I could not love who I was. And I am loving who I am becoming. Enough lovey dovey stuff  lol.

 "The graveyard is full of dreams" 

2014 is where I begin chasing some dreams and saying yes to new opportunities that may fall my way. Its the year I actually show my loving daughter what her dad is all about. Its a year I no longer make stupid excuses to get out of being afraid, its a year I stay in touch with family and friends in England and Aussie on a regular basis. Its a year where I start being good with money and stop being a grumpy pants. My best mate in Aussie has his 38th birthday this year and we both love the mighty Warriors league team and I have not seen him for many years and its about time I saved up and renewed my passport and headed over to see him and meet his new family. Its all about doing things like that from now on. I will always try each and everyday to be better than the last. I am far from perfect but at least I will try from now on to be a better Dad, friend, son, lover (maybe lolz) and a better ME!

Whats on the plan for you this year? Any big events or occasions to look forward to?? 

1 comment:

  1. Wahoo! The colour run looks awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it.
    I am just finalising my goals for the year and will be posting them on the blog in the next week or so :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave any comments!