Saturday 10 May 2014

Trying to find the alternate route.



I don't know what the f@uk I am doing! I had planned to have a new blog post up last Sunday, and now here I am completely lost, and devoid of the inspiration I so had a few weeks ago.
I had finally found something I could manage, something that would keep me full and rid me of the hungers I so often succumbed to. 

 Lets see if I can make some sense of the happenings lately. Firstly it has been a very long time since my last post, which ended on the high of my Color Run, with all roads ahead for me. Seems I took the wrong road from early February and I'm still trying to find the alternate route.

Basically from the high that was completing the Color Run I plateaued, lost motivation and seemed to slump into the inevitable. But there was one difference, compared to pretty much the year before, and that was I never allowed myself to completely give in. Wasn't going to happen, and I just searched for a new direction to take towards my long term goal.


Have I found it??
 I actually do think I have to be honest. It has only been 2 full weeks but I am enjoying the feeling of being full, satisfied and not wanting to horde all the food I see into my tummy every night. It is still early days so keep that in mind.

Has it been 100%?
Week one hell yes! The best part and strange also was always being full, not bloated but satisfied. Even according to MFP low days I would be contented with the amounts I had eaten and I noticed no issues with lack of energy next day or anything.

Week two? No, more like 80/100 not including today which to be fair  I allowed myself a day off, and the feeling is not satisfied full, but bloated blah full.

Week 3 I intend to maintain the commitment I have made and give it a good go and see after a few weeks how its worked out. 
I am loving the foods, and strangely until the end of wk 2, never missed the grains,beans,rice etc. Loved the egg omelette's in the morning and the homemade fruit salads for lunch. And most nights no dinner when I got home usually due to it being after 9pm. Another thing I noticed this last week was waking up not tired but waking rested and ready. 

But some advice I took on board clearing the house of the no no foods may have been the difference between a great week one and a decent week two. As I allowed some bread  into the house, and even though it was out of mind in the freezer it was there and yes it was an issue. But onward and upwards. I am so far enjoying the benefits of Paleo (not the break outs though). But new eating patterns or diets do usually enjoy full on dedication in the early days, that's why moving into week 3 I allowed myself today to remind myself what grains and processed shit makes me feel like.

Another decision I have made may not please some but I hope they understand. It is one I have been mulling over for sometime and I have decided for now that I am not a runner. It just doesn't sit right, I still can't get comfy in it like I thought, and I feel its best just to keep up with the walking to and from the train to work (30 mins a day) in the time being. 
But also in the knowledge if I do decide to get a lil jog on I can do it, that to me in itself is something I dared not think to attempt in October. I will still be cheering everyone on and if I can hell yes I'll come to events to be there at the finish line for you. I need to find an exercise routine I am comfy with, and what that is well i did enjoy cycling all over the place in my teens and early twenties so maybe Ill get the bike fixed up and see what happens. 

Work! Loving it, so much. Its made easier by the fact all the team members and leaders are just super friendly and awesome. I am also enjoying taking the train each day not fighting bloody traffic anymore. And maybe this job with its overall friendly environment and people will help me find my social feet and leave the sheltered life I've made for myself these last years. 
Speaking of inspiring team mates, I want to shout out to a work mate who is in the early stages of her own food 4 life adventure. Regardless if you read this or not keep on the good fight and know your supported and I am proud of what you are attempting to do.

Seems I found the flow after all. Weather this makes any more sense than  cooking egg's with a waffle iron or not who knows.
I just want to ask you to support each other and never be afraid to reach out when your struggling, and offer a helping hand to those who may need support and are to shy or afraid to ask. Its a forking hard journey out there and it can be lonely as well so let's go get it done together.

This last piece is an dedication to a super special friend. Someone who makes me glad to have met her in October and have had the pleasure of supporting on her path to a new life. 
She has offered so much helpful and sound advice on a range of things. She has the sixth sense to know when things are not quite going as they should for me and has always been there. You know who YOU are and I would not have made it this far without you! 
You are a true support and inspiration each and everyday to me, you make me crack up and allow me to be me. 
You give so much of yourself to others and deserve to be completely happy in life. You never give up and you fight for everything you deserve, you take the knocks and keep fighting back.
I feel honoured to be able to call you my friend each and everyday I am blessed. THANK YOU MY SUPER FRIEND :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comments!